The Ogunquit Playhouse seeks local candidates to act as Child Guardians for our holiday production of ANNIE at the Music Hall in Portsmouth, NH, with rehearsals in Ogunquit, ME. Dates of Employment: Monday, November 11 – Sunday, December 22, 2019.
Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, attentive, works well in a fast-paced environment, and MUST have past experience caring for children.
Job duties include (but are not limited to):
· Attend all technical rehearsals and performances in accordance with approved schedule.
· Meet child upon drop-off at the venue, aid them in signing in, and walk them to their dressing/holding area.
· Along with sound, wardrobe and hair/makeup crew, ensure that the child is in microphone, costume, and hair and makeup in a timely manner.
· Ensure the safety and good health of the child while in the space with regard to backstage safety (attentiveness to traffic patterns and various hazards resulting from working in a theatrical environment) and personal care (ensuring the child is hydrated, etc.).
· Walk the child to each entrance, ensuring that they are in the appropriate costume with any necessary props, supervise the child on stage as much as possible, and meet them upon exiting to escort them either to their next entrance or back to the dressing/holding area.
· Be present for any quick changes.
· Ensure that the child is occupied in their dressing room during down time with show-related tasks (such as reviewing lines), homework, or another appropriate activities.
· At the end of each performance, ensure that the child has put away costumes and props appropriately.
· Remain with the child until an adult on the “safe list” returns to pick them up.
Hourly salary included. Housing is not provided. Candidate must agree to and pass a background check.
PLEASE NOTE: during rehearsals (Nov. 11 – Nov. 25) the work schedule will be determined by the frequency which the children are called (most likely evenings/weekends). From November 26 – December 22, the work schedule is based on the ANNIE performance schedule, which can be viewed at https://www.themusichall.org/events/annie2019/.
Please send letter, resume and references to Dawn Pahel, Manager of HR and Risk Management, at email@example.com. Please include ANNIE CHILD GUARDIAN in the subject line.