Come join the Development Team at the Ogunquit Playhouse, in beautiful seaside Ogunquit, Maine. If you like to be challenged in a fast paced, but satisfying theatrical environment, this may be the opportunity for you!
The Ogunquit Playhouse is seeking a year-round and full-time Development Associate to join our Development team. This position includes a comprehensive employee benefit package and a competitive pay rate.
To apply, please send Resume and Cover Letter to Leslie Randazzo, Manager, Human Resources and Risk Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Development, the Development Associate will play an integral role in supporting the Ogunquit Playhouse’s annual fundraising, membership and development goals. The Development Associate’s primary responsibilities include: managing the Playhouse’s grant applications and In-Kind donations program; providing support for our development activities including membership, fundraising and annual appeal campaigns; maintaining the donor database and generating donor acknowledgements and mailings; assisting in the planning and execution of special events; and providing general administrative support.
Education and Experience: Associates or Bachelor's Degree suggested; at least 3 years of experience working for a non-profit organization; development experience strongly preferred
The ideal candidate requires the following skills:
· A pleasant, outgoing personality with a good sense of humor
· Experience in donor engagement
· Ability to learn new databases (experience with Tessitura a plus)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· High ethical standards and personal integrity
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Publisher, Power Point, Outlook)
· Impeccable attention to detail
· Experience with event planning/special events
· Experience soliciting donations
· Ability to be a team player
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Research foundation and corporate grant opportunities and donor biographical information
Draft, review and submit grant applications, working across departments to ensure that applications show full range of Playhouse programming
Facilitate In-Kind donation program, responding to all donation requests from other not-for-profits and processing all awards.
Process donations and memberships and maintain donor records in the Playhouse’s database
Assist with coordination and event logistics of member and fundraising events
Attend department and staff meetings
Serve as a member of the database power user team
Process payment requests, check requests and expense reports
Perform other duties related to the goals of the Development Team as assigned
Provide administrative support for fundraising, gift acknowledgement, and donor/member recognition programs and mailings