Front of House Manager
Ogunquit Playhouse, located in picturesque Ogunquit, Maine is seeking a Full-Time Front of House Manager committed to delivering the highest level of customer service.
Building upon a legacy of leadership in American theatre, the Ogunquit Playhouse produces world-class performances, cultivates new works for the stage, and preserves an iconic and historic playhouse for future generations.
The Ogunquit Playhouse is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization listed on the National Historic Register. Celebrating 87 years, the Ogunquit Playhouse continues to collaborate with Broadway, Hollywood and West End artists and partners, producing acclaimed revivals of Broadway classics, latest titles, and new works at its historic property on the Maine seacoast from May through October. In addition it produces new works readings and workshops in New York City and a holiday show each December at the Music Hall in Portsmouth, NH.
The primary role of the Front of House (FOH) Manager is to ensure that all aspects of the Ogunquit Playhouse FOH operations run smoothly and safely, and that the necessary staff and volunteer positions remain well staffed in each department (Concessions, Bars, Gift Kiosk, Ushers, Parking attendants) throughout the season. The FOH Manager is responsible for tracking and reporting all FOH activities, defining and implementing all safety procedures as they pertain to FOH activities, and ensuring safety and a positive experience for all visitors to Ogunquit Playhouse.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
· Hire, train and schedule FOH Staff and volunteers
· Define and implement all emergency practices, building regulations, and in-house policies to guarantee the safety of staff and guests, including safe evacuation practices
· Report all FOH activities/incidents
· Propose and manage the FOH annual budget
· Manage vendor relationships: purchases, deliveries, and safe storage
· Take inventory, keep accurate sales records, and oversee all merchandise displays
· Keep Point of Sale system up and running at all times
· Work with all departments regarding FOH assistance needed for performances or events
· Utilize Tessitura CRM Software
· Perform other duties as necessary.
· Prior customer service experience.
· Personable and committed to providing a top-notch patron experience.
· Highly organized, detail-oriented, dependable and able to work well under pressure.
· Able to interface with the public and as part of a team.
· Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and some holidays. Weekend availability is a must.
· 2-3 years of hands-on, live theater Front of House experience or equivalent.
· Ability to deal discreetly and sensitively with disruptive or dissatisfied patrons.
· Passion for delivering exceptional customer service, and proven ability to provide outstanding customer service standards which exceed the customer’s expectations.
· Strong leadership and staff relations skills with demonstrated ability to train, motivate and inspire staff while fostering a team environment.
· Proven organizational skills, dependable and self-motivated.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Previous Tessitura experience and/or knowledge of computerized CRM software and scanners preferred.
· Familiarity with MS Office Suite with particular proficiency in Excel preferred as well as familiarity with Google Docs, Forms and Apps.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
This is a full-time position with medical, dental, vision, long and short term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, sick days, and 403(b) plan. Complimentary tickets offered for most productions.
Complimentary tickets offered for most productions.
Please send cover letter, resume and references to Dawn Pahel, Manager of Human Resources and Risk Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include Front of House Manager in the subject line.