The Maintenance Supervisor is a Year Round Full-Time non-exempt position with a standard work week of 37.50 hours and eligible for the company’s employee benefits. The Maintenance Supervisor will report to the Facilities Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Hands on electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and perform preventative maintenance on buildings, and grounds, as required
· Ensure all maintenance staff provide the highest level of performance and customer service
· Prepare daily and weekly schedules for maintenance team and verify these are being followed
· Manage maintenance staff to ensure their work area and equipment is kept in a clean and orderly fashion
· Monitor the maintenance supply inventory and submit orders to the Facilities Manager, as needed
· Manage parking and assist the parking lot attendants in guiding patrons
· Meet with the Facilities Manager for weekly updates on the team’s performance, tasks, priorities, budget concerns, ongoing projects, and work planning
· On call duties, scheduled with Facilities Manager, to cover any facilities related emergencies
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with staff, volunteers, patrons, and contractors
· Ability to work well both independently and on a team
· Effective use in prioritizing and planning tasks
· Confidence in job skills and the management of employees
· Must be able to perform the following: basic carpentry, plumbing, and electrical, painting, janitorial, and housekeeping
· Required to be skilled in the safe practice of all hand and basic power tools
· Effectively communicate with outside contractors
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Some heavy lifting and considerable moving of equipment required
· Lifting of objects up to 50 lbs.
· Some maintenance required at heights; must be able to climb ladders / scaffolding, and be comfortable working at heights.
Education and Experience
· Some college or certificate preferred
· Minimum of 2 years of related experience in a maintenance environment
· Supervisory experience required
· Experience required with managing expenses within a budget and cost estimating projects
Please send cover letter and resume to Jared Keniston, Facilities Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download Application here.
Please include 2018 Maintenance Supervisor in the subject line.